- Digital and Broadband Infrastructure. Specialist consulting
and delivery focused upon the ecology and strategies associated with digital
infrastructure across NZ. Working with local
fibre companies, various suppliers, CFH, MBIE, local authorities and
communities undertaking Digital Infrastructure Audits, preparation of MBIE ROI
supply responses for upper south island TLAs. Development of strategies and design
for UFB2, RBI2, MBSF issues resolution.
Formal strategic and commercial advisory to politicians, mayors, regional councils, suppliers and communities.
Development of region-wide solutions designs, business case, commercial and financial
analysis for investment in fibre across regions.
- Reputation Management Plan. Working for a major global corporate's NZ-based JV, researched and wrote a comprehensive Reputation Management Plan encompassing community, stakeholder, media and iwi engagement strategies.
- Commercial Health Provider ICT Quality and Delivery Assurance review (HISO, HISF, IT-CMF, CoBIT) of current
ICT state and gap, tactical and strategic activities, budgets and resourcing to
meet business need. Formal advisory to
CEO, CFO and to the Board. Project for large-scale commercial health sector corporate, 8,000 staff, providing healthcare
services across New Zealand, working with MoH, ACC, DoC and various DHBs. Review of whole of business requirement for
ICT functions, DRP, risk management, delivery assurance and necessary mitigation
- Engagement with Christchurch rebuild. Worked initially with the Marlborough District Council and later the Wellington City Council to initiate and bring together a forums to engage Marlborough & Wellington businesses in the opportunities presented by the rebuild of Christchurch. Worked with Councils, regional Chambers of Commerce and EDAs.
- Delivery and Implemention New Hospital Technology Platforms. Full delivery and implementation responsibility for all aspects of all ICT systems and infrastructure, using advanced hybrid cloud technology for the establishment and operations of a new private hospital in Christchurch. Included vendor management, datacentre, networks, platforms, infrastructure, ICT security, integration platforms, commercial and delivery management, Quality Assurance and Delivery Assurance.
- Established two Christchurch community organisations. Worked post-quake to develop and initially chair a cross-community engagement mechanism which became the Canterbury Communities Earthquake Recovery Network, CanCERN. Later established and co-chaired the IConiC group which lead efforts to save some of Christchurch's heritage and other buildings..
- Health National Infrastructure. Very
large scale 64,000 direct users (+60,000 indirect) current spend $218m pa opex,
$145m pa capex. Established cost savings of $550m, working across the
complex Health Sector and DHB environment, Chaired sector wide Service
Delivery Advisory Group; Technology and Architecture Advisory Group. Chaired Commercial Vendor Advisory Group
(C-level, commercial and technology leads from NZ’s largest ICT
- ICT Functional Review and Management. Multi-National commercial corporate operating
in 5 countries, reviewed, worked with the
board, executive management and the ICT team in NZ, Australia and Singapore to
develop a business case for ICT, and project manage the ICT area of this large corporate before
its public listing.
- Commercial Aged Health Care Business and Technology Review.
Review of current state of ICT systems, standards and practices;
development of Business and Technology Strategic Plan for capital investment,
ICT Road Maps for “transformational future state” working with executive
management, establishment of Performance Measures, Risk Management and
Governance frameworks. Design of new
financial systems Business process and services for greater efficiency and
effectiveness, to increase business value and profitability.
- Nationwide Energy Sector ICT Transformation. Responsibility for all ICT functions and
services, with $25m pa Opex and $15m pa Capex products and services delivery
programs per annum. Transformed and Re-aligned ICT function with operational
and strategic objectives, managed and performance managed ICT Senior Management
team; mentored and developed senior managers; Detailed commercial review of all
ICT supplier contracts (voice, data, mobile) consolidation to one form of
contract, aggregration of voice and mobile services (negotiated contract value
- Nationwide Energy Sector Generation monitoring and Communications Infrastructure - Designed and implemented a 700 seat WAN for 14 South Island Dams and Generation Management offices covering from Lake Coleridge down to West Arm at Manapouri with a high speed backbone linked to Wellington (Head Office).
- Data and Communications Network Infrastructure - Over 300 multi-site data communication networks designed and implemented between 1991 and 2015.
- Physical and Virtual Server Communications and Infrastructure Establishment - Designed and implemented 20+ Virtual and Physical Server and Communications systems using dedicated (Private Cloud) infrastructure setup in NZ Data Centres with fibre optic and broadband wired links to business premises.
- Design and Implementation of high speed wireless across regions - Canterbury-based high speed, solar powered wireless infrastructure for Canterbury.